Plouharnel - Circuit des Abbayes

WalkEasy8.16 km1 h 38 minLoop
Place Saint-Armel
56340 Plouharnel
Duration : 2 hoursDistance : 7.8kmEasyPink markup The two Benedictine abbeys of Kergonan (1897 and 1898) are part of the pure Gregorian tradition. Offices (in sung Latin) are open to all. Painted ceramics, fruits, jam, honey and other organic products made from seaweed are offered in the shop. The old town is a remarkable ensemble from the 17th and 18th centuries. Step by step : Departure: From the cultural space (opposite the town hall), leave the old town on the right. Go rue Sainte-Anne on the left. Cross the D781, go right into the Began subdivision. A panel indicates the abbeys on the right.1- At the end of the path, turn right then left on the road. Go to the Saint-Michel Abbey (occupied by the nuns). Follow the private road for 600 m towards Sainte-Anne Abbey (occupied by the monks). Cross the parking lot. Turn down right towards the D768. Cross it.2- Go to the Plasker.At the cave, turn right, leave the Henlis on the right. Follow the path until the sign indicating to continue on the left. Arrive at Brenantec, continue on the road to the left until the mouth of a path.3- Follow it to the right, arriving in the station area. Turn left rue du Moulin Péro, then right. 4- Cross the Boulevard de la Gare towards the Dolmens of Rondossec. Listed as a Historic Monument, the monument is made up of 3 passage tombs included in a long cairn. Excavations in the middle of the 19th century brought to light gold jewelry currently exhibited in the Museum of Prehistory in Carnac and a bronze ring. The monument was restored in 1920 by Zacharie Le Rouzic. Developments have been made recently to ensure its preservation. Go towards rue Hoche to follow the path on the left. Arrive at rue du Pont Neuf, turn right for 20 m then left. The path goes towards the Pratezo. Go down to the right and cross the road to Quiberon.5- Take the coastal path on the left to Porh en Iliz.At the intersection before the wooden bridge, go up the path to the left towards the fountain (on the left). At the end of the path, turn right into rue du Dr Tessoulin and go up towards the Chapelle Notre-Dame des Fleurs which dates from the 16th century and overlooks the bay of Quiberon.6- Reach the starting point by rue de la Baie on the left.

Your contact

Office de tourisme de la Baie de Quiberon
14 rue de Verdun
56170 Quiberon
Find this route on the Loopi mobile app
Scan the QR code, save it as a favorite, or start the guidance, just enjoy!
Negative elevation (descent): 20 m
Positive elevation (ascent): 20 m

Road surfaces

8.16 km on unknown surface in the Open Street Map database

Office de tourisme de la Baie de Quiberon